(Day 1) Making Agile Work for You – for agile coaches, Scrum masters, Product Owners, managerwith Ben LindersMarch 8, 2018
Learn how to apply agile practices to develop the right products, deliver faster, increase quality, and become a happy high-performing team!
Many teams are adopting an agile way of working with Scrum, Kanban, XP, Lean, or any other agile framework. Their expectation is that it will help them to better serve the IT needs of their stakeholders and to develop products that satisfy their customer’s needs. Unfortunately, it doesn’t always work that way.
If your team is
- finding it difficult to agree and decide with stakeholders on what to deliver when
- not delivering working software every sprint or not able to finish user stories within reasonable time
- finding it hard to understand what your customers actually need and unsure if you are delivering value to them
- having difficulties communicating and working together as a self-organised team
- feeling micromanaged and not empowered to decide and take control of their own journey
- doing agile/Scrum/Kanban rituals but feeling that they are not always helpful
- not getting good actions out of your retrospective or actions not being done
MAKING AGIE WORK FOR YOU
In the workshop Making Agile Work for You you will experience agile practices that you can apply in your teams:
- Practice how you can effectively tailor agile for planning your work, doing daily stand-ups with Scrum/Kanban boards, gathering feedback with product reviews/demos, and improving your way of working with agile retrospectives.
- Learn how to apply agile practices with an agile mindset.
- Increase your ability to pick those practices that help you to do a better job and collaborate better with your stakeholders.
The workshop is loaded with examples and suggestions to help you become more agile and lean.
This workshop is intended for:
- Technical (team) leaders and Scrum masters
- (Senior) Developers and Tester
- Product Owners and Project/Line Managers
- Stakeholders working with agile teams
- Agile and Lean Coaches
- Anybody who is supporting teams in agile transformations
The practices in this workshop will help you to develop the right products for your business and customers, reduce your delivery time, increase the quality of your software products, and become a happy high performing team.
What will you get out of this workshop:
- Practice working with Agile and Scrum/Kanban: planning, daily stand-ups, product reviews and retrospectives
- Get ideas for improving collaboration and communication with stakeholders to deliver more value
- Find out how to deal effectively with impediments to take control and truly become self-organised
- Learn tips and tricks to improve your agile way of working
- Get advice on selecting and applying agile (Scrum, Kanban, XP, Lean) practices effectively for you
TRAINER: BEN LINDERS
Ben Linders has a broad international experience, specializing in agile, lean, quality, continuous improvement and organisational development. Team worker, driven, supportive, and pragmatic. Committed to quality business results on time, continuous improvement & development of professionals.
Ben Linders has done assignments on Quality, Agile, Lean, Continuous Improvement and Organisational Development using Scrum, Retrospectives, CMMI, Root Cause Analysis, Six Sigma, Kanban, People CMM, Prince-2, ISO 9001, EFQM, etc. Trainer, Team Coach and People Developer. Clients in R&D, Banking & Insurance, Consultancy, Telecom, Government, Healthcare, Embedded Software.*
This workshop can be tailored to the specific situation and needs of your organisation. Contact us!
Address London, CodeNode
Date: March 8, 2018
Duration: 1 day. 9:00 to 17:00
Price: 600 GBP incl. VAT and meals
Discounts: Group discount 3+: 10%, 6+ 15%
Payment: Card payment online or invoice option.
Registration: Please either "Add to Cart" here on the website or write an email to email@example.com. You will receive an invoice and a confirmation after registering.
We do not provide any refunds. What happens in case you cannot attend the course?
1) You are welcome to pass on the place to a colleague or
2) You are welcome to attend a later course in our course calendar.
Further, once a registration has been made and the confirmation email has been sent out, the price is set and can not be changed or adjusted.